Soft Tissue Grafting & Crown Lengthening for Routine Practice
Dr. H. S. Sandhu (Periodontist), Ex-Director of Schulich Dentistry, UWO London
This one day course is designed for general practitioners to gain knowledge and confidence in proper diagnosis and risk assessment of patients being prepared for prosthetic treatment. A thorough risk assessment of the patient is important before starting any extensive and expensive prosthetic treatment.
Comprehensive management of complex patients requires excellent Diagnostic skills, enabling practitioners to apply correct periodontal therapy and also understand their limitations and when to refer. Participants will learn how to manage prosthesis in esthetic zones, need for mucogingivial surgery, ridge augmentation, interdental papilla preservation, reconstruction and crown lengthening procedures in esthetic and non-esthetic zones. Didactic lectures will be supplemented by high quality DVD presentation which will simulate actual procedures being performed in front of the audience.
The afternoon session will be allocated to a hands-on workshop on surgical crown lengthening. Each section will have a multiple choice quiz and participants will be required to pass these quizzes to obtain RCDSO Continuing Education Credits.
1. Provide the participant with knowledge and confidence to do risk assessment of a pre-prosthetic patient
2. Participants will learn the rationale to diagnose and select cases for advanced procedures to be incorporated into comprehensive patient management of complex prosthetic cases.
- Case examples of Soft tissue grafting,Functional and Esthetic Crown Lengthening, as well as a step-by-step discussion of flap and bone management for these indications.
- Hands on exercises for Crown Lengthening are done on simulated anatomically correct typodont models.
(Please bring your own needle holder, surgical scissors and perio probe. We will provide hand pieces, burs and any other required materials.)
- Surgical videos to illustrate the procedures you are learning.
- Biologic width, and discussion of its application to everyday restorative decisions.
- Radiographic diagnosis and treatment planning session.
- Evidence from the dental literature is used throughout to support the statements made.
- All required instruments and materials will be discussed to achieve excellence in this kind of procedure.
*Fee: $1,195 incl HST (10% Discount for AGD members)
Nov 6th (sunday 9AM-5PM)-----------course full .
2017 Course dates
April 2nd,2017 (sunday 9AM-5PM)--------------now taking registrations
Breakfast and lunch will be provided during the workshops. Please inform us of any food restrictions / allergies during registration.
Kindly make your payments/course fees in the form of a cheque. Payable to 'Toronto Centre For Clinical Dental Studies'. Please review the applicable cancellation rules/policies as per AGD on the respective course brochures before registering for any courses.
About Dr. Sandhu
Dr. Harinder Sandhu of London, Ontario, has been Director of Dentistry and Associate Dean of the Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry since 2006-2015. He completed his specialty training in Periodontics from Loma Linda University, U.S.A in 1985. He served as president of the Association of Canadian Faculties of Dentistry and was awarded an American Dental Education Association (ADEA) fellowship- a first for Canadian faculty and administrators.